Delta Air Lines is arguably the better of the main US Carriers. After their merger with Northwest Airlines in 2008, they responded quickly in rebranding and providing a relatively consistent product, that proved better than it’s direct competition. Currently Delta is in the midst of a much needed fleet renewal process which also meant an interior upgrade and the addition of a true Premium Economy on their new long-haul fleet.
Delta has added a Paid Upgrade to their SkyMiles Mileage Program. For $59.00 Annual Fee you get:
• Unlimited Main Cabin 1 Boarding: board earlier, find the perfect spot for your carry-on bag and get comfortable in your seat.
• 8 Drink Vouchers: Fly refreshed and enjoy your favorite beverages on board.
• 1 limited-edition bag tag: Showcase your SkyMiles Select membership wherever you go with this exclusive bag tag.
A good add-on for those without Elite status.
more information: SkyMiles Select at Delta Air Lines
With the addition of the A350 into their fleet in 2018, this is was also used to introduce their new Delta One Suite and an overall cabin refreshment for Delta’s Long Haul routes. In addition to an overall update, the inclusion of a true Premium Economy Class (Delta Premium Select) has been added. They will also be upgrading over time the remainder of their Long Haul Fleet. Below is a listing of known flights with the new configuration.
Just like British Airways, Delta uses it’s own branded Class of Service names that are not always quite clear:
• Delta One / Delta One Suite (Business Class)
• Delta Premium Select (Premium Economy)
• Delta Comfort+: Additional legroom and a cookie
• Main Cabin: Standard Economy Class
• Basic Economy: Budget Economy Class
Below is a selected sampling of flights flying the new Delta Suites and refreshed cabin:
DL89 / DL88 Los Angeles LAX / Shanghai PVG
DL167 / DL166 Seattle SEA / Tokyo Narita NRT
DL7 / DL6 Los Angeles LAX / Tokyo Haneda HND
DL41 / DL40 Los Angeles LAX / Sydney SYD
DL156 / DL157 Los Angeles LAX / Paris CDG
Many others have no been worked into the Delta system.
It appears that Delta made a great decision and Did it Right with introducing the new A220 into their regional jet network. Overall a good job on making a pleasant interior. And I always applaud when an airline makes strides in maintaining a modern fleet.
Leave a comment below, or Contact Me.
Wish to make a booking, please let me know the details.
page updated: October 2019