and jungle in Bali’s cultural hub
Designed after a traditional Balinese village, with sweeping views of the Ayung Valley’s jungled slopes, Amandari has integrated so sensitively into its hillside setting that it feels as though it has always been there. Free-standing guest suites with alang-alang roofs and interiors of coconut, teak and bamboo offer tranquil terraces and outdoor bathtubs. Presided over by a sacred stone tiger, the grounds are not just for guests: children attend dance classes here, and villagers regularly visit the property’s riverside shrine. Beyond the paras-stone walls, iconic rice terraces, artisan villages and Bali’s cultural heart, Ubud, lie waiting.
I always enjoy my stay here, one of the original Ubud resort retreats. Though Ubud has changed so much over the last 35 years.
The Indonesian islands are known as tropical idylls, but their individual landscapes and heritage reveal extraordinary diversity. An extended stay across a selection of Aman’s Indonesian resorts is the ideal way to encounter the country’s wide-ranging natural and man-made attractions. Discover the cultural heartland of Java at Amanjiwo, or visit Amanwana, a tented camp on the serene nature reserve of Moyo Island. Combine this with a stay at Amandari or Amankila on the legendary island of Bali. Stay eight nights and enjoy complimentary activities at each resort
The stay includes:
• Daily breakfast and airport transfers at Amankila, Aman Villas Nusa Dua, Amandari and Amanjiwo
• Inter-resort transfers between Amandari, Amankila and Aman Villas Nusa Dua
• At Amanwana, enjoy full board for two persons with soft drinks, local beer, house wine and house spirits. Complimentary minibar, tea and coffee in the tent, laundry (5 pieces per guest per day). Daily snorkeling outings as per resort schedule, waterfall excursion once during stay, Jungle Trek with guide once during stay, Amanwana Massage once during stay.
One activity per resort. Choose from the following:
• At Amankila: East Bali tour, trek or cycle tour
• At Amandari: Rice Terrace Trek, Art and Crafts Tour, Ayung River Trek, Guided tour of a local market, Cycling from Amandari to Ubud
• At Amanjiwo: Guided sunrise or sunset tour of Borobudur, sunset martinis in the rice fields, hike in the Menoreh Hills, or village tour by andong
• At Aman Villas Nusa Dua: One 60 Minutes Balinese Massage, Uluwatu Temple Tour, Megibung Dinner
valid until 31 March 2022
This offer is combinable with Virtuoso Amenities.
HOTEL CHAIN: Aman Resorts
LOCATION: Ubud Bali Indonesia
HOTEL DESIGNER: Peter Muller
SPECIAL BOOKING AMENITIES:
Virtuoso or other depending upon the booking dates.
Contact me for details not offered on-line.
with the Amandari Ubud Bali
page updated: October 2020